Sunday, January 13, 2008

Nuclear Power Plants: The Hidden Facilities

I love nuclear power plants. I tend to see them all the time because they are generally hidden from view from the general public, but, of course, truckers see the underside of cities and country being in industrial zones etc. My favorite one is just outside of Owensboro, KY, a place I go a lot because it is such a busy port off the Ohio river, which separates KY and IN. On the IN side there is a downright scary and mysterious looking nuclear plant. The highway goes closer to it than any other plant I have passed. You are actually directly under the cooling towers. The plant is run by Michigan Power. As you can see by the small map below, most of these plants are in the NE and Mid-West.

1 comment:

Maureen McElheron said...

Hi Max,

2/2/08

I'm at Maureens. Just finished reading your blog; very informative....unbelievable stuff.
You have a natural writing ability. These writings could end up as a very interesting book.
Great stuff; keep up the good work.
Pop